Newport Beach Surf Lessons
Newport Beach Surf Lessons – Surf in a Seaside City in Orange County
For Newport Beach surf lessons, this area tends to be a little less crowded than Huntington Beach, which makes it a popular and fun beach to spend your day riding waves. This beach break is also known for consistent swells during the summertime, providing warm water and playful waves all summer long.
With the largest recreational harbor on the west coast, Newport Beach offers ten miles of extraordinary fishing, swimming, surfing, and aquatic sports activities. Millions of people visit Newport Beach annually to enjoy the sand, pier, ocean, and boardwalk. The most famous spot for seeing monstrous surf is The Wedge. An area known for its shore-breaking waves, the Wedge has the biggest swell in Southern California. A must-see when you visit Newport Beach!
Things To Do/Places To Go:
- Balboa IslandBalboa Island is a manmade island that is located between the Balboa Peninsula and the mainland of Newport Beach. The island is connected to the mainland by a bridge on the northeast and the Balboa Island Ferry runs between the island and the Balboa Peninsula which lies to the south.
- Orange County Museum of Art The Orange County Museum of Art focuses on the art of California from the early 20th century to the present and is one of the top Newport Beach attractions. The collection contains more than 3,000 objects including paintings, photography and sculptures. The museum also features new art media including digital, installation and video art.
- Environmental Nature Center The Environmental Nature Center is a group of 15 California native plant environments. Founded in 1972, the 3.5 acre center features walking trails, wildlife habitats and plant ecosystems such as desert, fresh water march, oak woodland, redwood forest, and many more.
- Fashion IslandFashion Island is an open-air shopping destination with views of the Pacific Ocean. The luxury shopping center features more than 150 department stores and boutique ships as well as a large variety of eateries. There is also a Whole Foods grocery store at the center and a movie theater. The center hosts events throughout the year as well.
- Gondola AdventuresGondola Adventures offers a romantic cruise along the Newport Harbor in an original Venetian gondola. Watch the sunset, have a glass of champagne and a picnic lunch or dinner. Enjoy the pure romance of this unique cruise. There are gondolas with a canopy for privacy, shade or protection from the rain. There are also gondolas with a motor to get you a bit farther along the harbor.