Join our Kids Surf Camps in Huntington Beach!
After School, Spring Break, and Summer Programs
Enroll now for our fall after school program!
Got a Little Mermaid who's looking for some after-school adventure, or maybe an aspiring pirate who's a little low on vitamin Sea? Wavehuggers is excited to offer young ocean lovers (ages 5 to 17 years old) with the opportunity to learn the basics of surfing over Spring break and after school in a fun and safe environment near the Huntington Beach Pier!
Tuesdays | Thursdays
3:30pm - 5:00pm
September 10th - November 28th
$265 per once a week, 4 class session
This program covers the basics of surfing skills, etiquette, ocean safety, wave knowledge, and more. It is great for students looking to start surfing, and also for students with some surfing experience who are looking to improve. Surfboards and wetsuits will be provided and a surf contest with prizes will take place on the last day of each session! Each session includes 4, once a week classes. Tuesday and Thursday sessions run on the same weeks, and students are welcome to register for multiple sessions.
Monday - Friday
9:00am - 12:00pm
April 6th - 17th, 2020
$325 per 5 day session
Learn how to surf or improve your surfing skills over the course of 3 or 5 days! Gain knowledge on surfboard anatomy, how to read a surf report, surf etiquette, wave and ocean knowledge, competitive surfing, and so much more. Each day will feature specific lessons applying to the topics above both in and out of the water. A surf contest with prizes from local surf shops and brands will take place the last day of the week!
During our programs, students will:
- Learn how to surf!
- Learn about waves, tides, and currents, and how to read ocean conditions
- Develop good surf etiquette
- Increase self-confidence
- Make new friends
- Learn what they can do to help preserve the ocean
- CPR & First Aid certified instructors
- Soft top surfboards
- Wetsuits & rashguards
- Beach tent for shaded breaks and changing
What to Bring
- Water (in a reusable bottle) & a small snack
- Hat and Sunscreen (reef safe, if you please)
- Towel & sweatshirt
- Your wonderful smiling face!
How We Keep our Campers Safe:
- A Wavehuggers Red-Cross lifeguard certified instructor always present
- All Wavehuggers surf instructors are CPR Certified
- We only operate during hours that City of Huntington Beach professional ocean lifeguards are present
- We work closely with ocean lifeguards and assess the conditions before each surf session
- We keep a low, 3:1 in-water student to instructor ratio
- Ocean safety is a main point of focus in all lessons
- Sunscreen & H20 breaks are frequent & scheduled
- We use soft, foam topped surfboards
- We always have our first aid kit at our tent