Love sharing your stoke for the ocean with others?
We're on the look out for passionate Surf Instructors!
Being a surf instructor with Wavehuggers is a fantastic, part-time, flexible opportunity to deepen your leadership, customer service, and waterwork skills. Our surf instructors teach private individual and group lessons, large group community classes, and assist with our after school kid's program. You'll also have the opportunity to participate in our ocean-conscious events!
What we're looking for:
- You LOVE being at the beach and sharing your passion for surfing with others
- You are patient, energetic, confident, and out-going
- Your schedule is flexible
- You are a good problem-solver and can handle a high-stress environment
- You are on-time, reliable, and responsive
- You have your CPR/First-Aid certification (can be obtained or renewed after hire)
- You're able to store and transport foamboards and wetsuits
- You're capable of managing your own schedule (with the help of Google Calendar)
- You have open availability on the weekends
- You're able to respond to text messages quickly
- You will receive a base pay of $16/hour for a single person lesson.
- Pay increases depending on type of instruction with an added stipend for each additional student taught
- Commission for referrals
- Customers often tip our instructors