Wellness. This word has been thrown around more and more and is becoming the way of life for many people and a goal that many are striving to achieve. But, what is wellness exactly? Wellness, to us, means a healthy balance of the mind, body, and spirit, that results in a general feeling of well-being. It’s a goal that requires thinking about yourself, and setting time aside to focus on healing your mind, body, and spirit. This wellness movement is trending, and here are the top 5 wellness trends of 2017:
1. Surfing. There’s no better way to achieve wellness than disconnecting from the social world, riding waves, and connecting with the ocean. It replenishes your senses and brings you back into the moment without distractions.
2. Yoga. Though yoga has always been popular, now it’s more focused around this idea of wellness and setting intentions of your practice. Focus on the tension you feel in your body, send breathe to those areas, exhale and let it go. Yoga allows you to focus on connecting the mind with the body and bettering them both.
3. Essential Oils. These oils are those delicious aromatic oils that are used for a wide range of emotional and physical wellness applications. Many swear by them as the key to wellness.
4. Crystals. There are a variety of crystals that are millions of years old that serve different purposes. Some stones may best be used to heal the body, while others tap intuition during meditation. They act as agents in healing.
5. Meditation. Practicing meditation revitalizes the mind, body, and spirit. It allows thoughts to flow freely without dwelling on them ultimately cleansing the mind.
It’s not always easy to jump into a regular schedule of practicing wellness, and we are here to help you with that. We have teamed up with Free People for their wellness pop-ups in Santa Monica. They are offering classes like Beach Yoga, Meditation Mondays, Crystals 101, Pilates, Tea Ceremony, and Surfing! The schedule for the list of classes can be found here. It’s not too late to focus on your wellness and better your mind, body, and soul. Join us!