Join Us for Kids Surf Camps in Hermosa and Huntington Beach!
After School, Spring Break, and Summer Surf Camps
Registration Now Open!
Got a Little Mermaid who's looking for some after-school adventure, or maybe an aspiring pirate who's a little low on vitamin Sea? Wavehuggers is excited to offer young ocean lovers (ages 5 to 17 years old) with the opportunity to learn the basics of surfing during our spring break, after school, and summer camps at Hermosa and Huntington Beach!
Please note that registration for our Hermosa programs is though the City of Hermosa Beach's website. To easily find our programs in their calendar, please click the registration links below and search for "surf". City of Hermosa Beach residents take $10 off program prices.
During our programs, students will:
- Learn how to surf!
- Learn about waves, tides, and currents, and how to read ocean conditions
- Develop good surf etiquette
- Increase self-confidence
- Make new friends
- Learn what they can do to help preserve the ocean
- CPR & First Aid certified instructors
- Use of soft top surfboards and wetsuits
- Use of our Wavehuggers beach tent for shaded breaks and changing
What to Bring
- Water (in a reusable bottle) & a small snack
- Hat and Sunscreen (reef safe, if you please)
- Towel & sweatshirt
- Your wonderful smiling face!