Join Us for After School, Spring Break, & Summer Surf Camps!
Got a Little Mermaid who's looking for some after-school adventure, or maybe an aspiring pirate who's a little low on vitamin Sea? Wavehuggers is excited to offer young ocean lovers (ages 5 to 15 years old) with the opportunity to learn the basics of surfing over summer and after school in a fun and safe environment near the Huntington Beach Pier!
April 19th - June 11th, 2021
2:30 pm - 5:00 pm
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
$195 per week | Drop-in sessions available!
This program covers the basics of surfing skills, etiquette, ocean safety, wave knowledge, and more. It is great for students looking to start surfing, and also for students with some surfing experience who are looking to improve. Surfboards and wetsuits will be provided and a surf contest with prizes will take place on the last day of each session! Each session includes 1 week of classes, running Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Students are welcome to register for multiple sessions.
April 5th - April 16th, 2021
Monday - Friday
9am - Noon
$375 per week | Drop-in sessions available!
Make sure your favorite grom has a blast this spring break, all without leaving home! Surfboards and wetsuits will be provided and a surf contest with prizes will take place on Friday of each single week session! Each session includes 5 days of morning classes, running Monday-Friday. Students are welcome to register for both sessions. Scheduled for Huntington Beach USHD and Newport USD spring breaks!
June 21st - August 13th, 2021
Monday - Friday
8am - 4pm
$675 per full day, full week session | Drop-ins & half days available!
Make this summer the start of a life long passion! Our summer surf camp is perfect for both first time surfers as well as those who wish to build on what they already know. Surfboards and wetsuits will be provided and a surf contest with prizes will take place on the last day of each session! Available in single day drop-in and week long sessions, with options for full and half days.
During our programs, students will:
- Learn how to surf!
- Learn about waves, tides, and currents, and how to read ocean conditions
- Develop good surf etiquette
- Increase self-confidence
- Make new friends
- Learn what they can do to help preserve the ocean
- CPR & First Aid certified instructors
- Soft top surfboards
- Wetsuits & rashguards
- Beach tent for shaded breaks and changing
What to Bring
- Water (in a reusable bottle) & a small snack
- Hat and Sunscreen (reef safe, if you please)
- Towel & sweatshirt
- Your wonderful smiling face!
Video filmed in 2019. Current camps include social distancing and covid precautions.
How We Keep our Campers Safe:
- A Wavehuggers Red-Cross lifeguard certified instructor always present
- All Wavehuggers surf instructors are CPR Certified
- We only operate during hours that City of Huntington Beach professional ocean lifeguards are present
- We work closely with ocean lifeguards and assess the conditions before each surf session
- We keep a low ratio of students to instructors with one in-water instructor for ever 3 actively surfing students!
- Ocean safety is a main point of focus in all lessons
- Sunscreen & H20 breaks are frequent & scheduled
- We use soft, foam topped surfboards
- We always have our first aid kit at our tent