Refund & Cancellation Policy
When a customer reserves a surf lesson with Wavehuggers, we guarantee that an instructor will show up to the lesson on time with the appropriate equipment for the lesson booked. We also reserve that specific two hour time slot for that customer and may have to turn down others requesting that same lesson date, time, and location. Our refund, cancellation, and reschedule policy is as follows:
Private Surf Lessons & Adventures
- After making the booking you have until one week prior to your lesson to cancel and receive a full refund, minus a $10 processing fee. Bookings made within one week of the lesson start time will not be refunded if cancelled. No show=no refund. After making your booking, you have until 1 week prior to your lesson to request a free reschedule. For reschedules requested requests less than a week before your previously scheduled lesson, a $50 reschedule fee will be charged.
Private Surf Lesson Package Holders
- As a perk for customers who purchase one of our private lesson packages, package holders are given extra time to reschedule lessons in their package. After making your booking, as a package holder you have 72 hours prior to your lesson to request a free reschedule. For reschedules requests received less than 72 hours before your scheduled lesson, a $50 reschedule fee will be charged. In situations where the $50 reschedule fee applies, package holders are not allowed to reschedule and forfeit the value of the lesson until the fee is paid.
- Please note that we do not offer any refunds or reschedules of any kind for Community Class bookings cancelled outside of the time frame above.
Kids Surf Camp
- After reserving your child’s spot at camp, you have up until 72 hours prior to the start of camp to reschedule to another day/week for free. You have until 1 week prior to the start of camp to cancel and receive a full refund, minus a processing fee ($30 for full week sessions or $10 for drop in day sessions). If you request a reschedule within 72 hours of the start of your camp session, a $50 reschedule fee will be charged which applies to both full week and drop in day camp sessions. Cancellations made within 1 week of your scheduled camp session are not eligible for refunds. Reservations made within 1 week of the start of a session are not eligible for refunds, and the $50 reschedule fee applies. As a courtesy for parents who purchase a full week session of camp, we allow 1 free make up day per customer so that a camper can make up 1 missed day of camp during another week. Any days missed after the free make-up day has been used are not eligible for make-ups, and value of the missed day is forfeited.
A Note About Surf Conditions…
- Wavehuggers staff is a team of professionals who have expertise in ocean knowledge and surf conditions, and they will only schedule lessons to be held in safe and adequate conditions for the surf skill level of the client. The ocean is constantly changing and our surf instructors cannot control the conditions. Sometimes the waves are very calm, and other times they are on the rough side; welcome to surfing! We assure you the instructor will keep you safe and show you a good time, no matter how the waves are. A lesson will only be cancelled if the conditions are deemed unsafe by a professional lifeguard. That being said, we surf rain or shine! Rain can actually make the conditions better, and you’re getting wet anyway! If a customer is unhappy with the surf conditions and desires to end the lesson early, he or she will not receive a refund. Customers calling to reschedule less than a week in advance to inclement weather will still be charged the $50 reschedule fee.
- We make our lessons 2 hours long to give everyone plenty of time to practice on the beach (if needed) and to catch waves in the water. It is up to the customer if he or she chooses to end the lesson early, but we cannot reschedule the remaining time of the lesson for a different day.
No refunds on gift certificates.
- No partial refunds on remaining lessons of a multi-lesson package, however the lessons are transferable to other people.
- Wavehuggers reserves the right to cancel, change the location of, or reschedule lessons and events as we see fit. While this happens extremely rarely, if it does, it is typically in response to those constantly changing ocean conditions. In this situation, we will make every effort to find an alternate time that works for you or, if that’s not possible, we will issue a full refund. Please note that we are unable to offer any refunds for customers who book with 3rd party sites like Groupon, AquaSurf, Viator, or websites run by local municipalities. While we will try our best to help, if you booked with a 3rd party, you are responsible for resolving any issues with that site directly.Thank you for choosing Wavehuggers! We are so excited to get you out riding waves!